Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Shelly McQuillan

By: Dawn
Most people know Shelly McQuillan as just another person in the community, but she is much more than that.
Shelly is a mother of 3 daughters and is happily married. She has lived in the community for quite some time now.  

Shelly is a mentor with the program of Teammates. she meets with me every Friday, and we talk or go out to breakfast. A mentor is a trustworthy adult that I am able to talk to and what is said is confidential. She has been mentoring for 3 years now. She is always very encouraging and helps me make better decisions. She also helps with my school work when it needs to be done and always keeps me on task.

She makes a positive change in my life and other students that she has mentored by letting them know that they aren't alone, and she can be a friend who they can trust and talk to. I believe that she is always doing something to help out. 

Shelly has inspired me to try my best in everything I do. She had taught me that the more involved in things I am the better off I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment